Succeeding rule in asynchronous event

• 12 October 2011
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi

maybe this is a simple question, but i want to know if i have some asynchronous event with plan no destination in destination

if i set some parameter  in its succeeding rule

will the activity expired if the succeeding rule true even without no one finish the item?

thx :)

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi,

I'm assuming you have an Asynchronous Server event in an activity with the destination as plan per slot. This configuration will create a new ServerItem which should be finished by a system. As soon as one of these are finished the Succeeding Rule is evaluated. At any time the Succeeding rule is evaluated and results in True, the activity will complete and the process will continue. This will expire the other instances of the Activity.

I'm assuming this is not what you want. It is recommended to add the following logic into the Succeeding Rule of Activities such as this:

First Variable: ActivityDestinationInstance.Status

Logical Function: All Slots

Comparison: =

Second Variable: "Completed"

This will ensure all the Async Server events have been executed before moving on with the process.

I'm not sure that I completely understood your question. If I misunderstood, please correct me and provide more information and maybe an example.

Regards,