Workflow option to start when the items are modified

Badge +9

Hi All

I have a form with a column of type number . I want to trigger a workflow only when my value of the column becomes 3.In workflow settings option to start workflow I am putting the condition when Column becomes 3 .but the workflow is not getting triggered

7 replies

Badge +11

Hi Aditya,

Is the workflow published with system account? Then you may have to save it with a user account.

Also check if the workflow works when triggered manually or for some other value of a different column. Another way to test this would be to start the workflow when item is modified. Within workflow, check if number field = 3. If not End the workflow. This would eliminate checking the condition but might trigger the workflow everytime you make modifications. So use this as a test.

Badge +5

In workflow settings, set "Start when items are modified" to "Conditional" 

In the conditions, Select your field that you want to check leave Equals in the compare and put 3 in the lower box. 

Click Save to close the Conditions dialog box.

Click Save to close the Settings dialog.

Click Publish to publish your workflow.

This should trigger the workflow to start whenever your number field equals 3

Badge +9

I followed the exact steps but workflow is not getting triggered

Badge +9

Thanks for your reply Kapil.For testing I am triggering the workflow on every modification and in workflow I have added an action to check if feild=3 and this is working fine.But the issue is its getting triggered on each modification which may impact the performance 

Badge +9

Hi All,

It seems to be the issue of Single line of Text column with number type. For me the column was just like a flag so I created a dropdown column for which the items are getting triggered when desired

Badge +6

This is a great post, It would be possible trigger the workflow only when someone modify an item in my list? I would like to trigger the workflow based in the field modify if this is changed then execute the workflow however I dont want this to run once the item is created.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

‌, it would be better to post your question as a new question.