'JSON' is undefined

Badge +1

We have Nintex Workflow and Forms 2013 both installed on our SharePoint 2013 server.  Suddenly the Assign Flexi task is giving us (on several different workstations) a 'JSON' is undefined error when trying to browse names for the assignees to choose from.  Has anyone seen that behavior before?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Have you customized the task form using Nintex Forms?

This error doesn't occur on every workstations?

Which browser in which version is used on workstations where this error occurs?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

we had a similar issue using IE11 and the solution we found was to update SharePoint to a CU later than March 2015 (see SharePoint 2013 Infopath browser form, people picker error in IE 11: JSON is undefined – guidesharepoint , it talks about InfoPath forms but I think it could be applied to a generic people picker issue)..do you have an older version of SharePoint.

Giacomo

Badge +1

I did not customize the task form. It occurs within the Workflow Flexi Task when you click the People Picker. I have not customized this either.

It seems to work with no problem on a workstation running IE11 several times . This is tested on other developers work stations running IE 11 and the People Picker works correctly – no error.

I had a 2nd user/developer here and he did not receive the JSON error message..

Checked the versions of IE 11 and they are the same versions. except for the “Update Versions” – trying to update mine.

I logged onto another laptop as me, ran through the testing and still received the error message. We are running SharePoint 2013 CU March 2015.

The error occurs continually on my work station running IE11 but not when running IE10. I have uninstalled IE11, restarted my pc and reinstalled – same error message.

Best regards,

Michael Chase, Business Analyst

ACBS IT Global Business Systems SharePoint & WFC Apps End User Support Teams

Officed at: Atlas Copco Rental L.L.C.

2306 S. Battleground Rd, La Porte, Texas 77571 USA

OfficePhone:1 281-542-2514 - Mobile:1 832-291-4723 - Mobile2:+1 281-789-8482

E-mail: michael.chase@us.atlascopco.com<mailto:michael.chase@us.atlascopco.com>

Visit us at: http://www.atlascopco.com<http://www.atlascopco.com/>

Committed to sustainable productivity

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I already encountered strange behaviour with javascript in SharePoint with IE11 with the first tab.

If you open a second tab in IE, do you still have this error?

Badge +1

We found the issue was with an enterprise policy forcing IE9 mode, even on IE11 browsers.  Once Infrastructure Support Team changed the policy to default to IE11 mode, the issue went away.  Just wanted to share this with the community.  Good news in trying to solve all this ... our Testing and Staging environments are now at April 2016 CU :-) and soon production will be, too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I'm glad that you solved your issue. Thanks for sharing this with us wink.png.