Has anyone done anything with SharePoint Surveys in Nintex Workflows?

• 30 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +9

I  my experience Surveys are difficult to extract data from in SharePoint. Setting up the survey is easy enough but extracting the data to another list seems to be a bear.

I've had a client who wants to add some additional columns as a follow-up or response to some the survey answers.

My only suggest was to create another list from the Excel Export and import it into another list. In the other list, I can add additional columns.

What I don't like about my solution is that it is manual and requires a re-import every time I want new data. Now a Nintex Form can be formatted and makes a nice container for looking at individual survey's and the response.

Anyone else tangle with this beast. I see no easy ways to get workflows into survey lists.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Stephan!  For these "additional survey questions" -- would they be immediately determined by the answers given? Or is this a follow-up as determined by other users?  If it's a multiple choice type situation, you can hide / show fields based on the response using a Nintex form. 

Mind you, I'm going from a standpoint of "I wouldn't use SP Surveys, I'd use Nintex and build my own" and that may not be what you're looking for. 

Badge +9

The follow-up will be determined by the person monitoring the survey.

I'm curious as to how you would use Nintex to build the survey. I guess it could just be a list with a Nintex Form. The views for the survey results would not be as straight forward.