Nintex App Studio > Tasks not supported?

• 23 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +16

So i am on a trial on nintex app studio to see what it's all about and if we can use it for something in the future.

I have added my connection account as o365, built and deployed my app, looks good.  i can see the forms for adding new items which is a good start.  I know i have a workflow with a mobile layout flexi task form but couldn't see tasks in my app.  went back into nintex mobile app studio to edit my app and add tasks by doing the following (unsure if this is right):

201105_pastedImage_1.png

But i get the error

"Tasks in the app are not supported for selected account type."

What the...?!  Why not?!  What account types is it supported in?  I am basically trying to demo completing a task on mobile - this isn't ready on o365 nintex mobile app so i thought this would be an alternative.

Am I missing something (please say I am) or is it really not available to me?

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi Cassy,

When connected to Office 365, the Nintex Mobile apps will only surface forms created by Nintex Forms for Office 365. The task functionality is not currently available. So when you add only O365 connection into your app in app studio, it will not let you add task as currently it's not supported.

Hope it helps to answer your questions.

Thanks,

Regards

Shirin

Badge +16

‌ thank you for replying - I was afraid you were going to say that.

So currently, if we are only using o365 we have no way whatsoever to surface tasks on a mobile (either through Nintex Mobile or Mobile App Studio)?

Do you know when this will be available?

‌ I really really feel your pain now sad.png

Badge +1

‌ yes that is correct. Both Nintex Mobile and Nintex App Studio apps do not currently support O365 Tasks. This is a feature that we hope to bring to you soon and it is on our road map for this year. 

Badge +16

Thanks for clarifying

Badge +3

@cassymfreeman Task forms in the Mobile App are now available in O365! 

See the blog post from @wknowles22 below:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/What-s-New-Mobile-Tasks-for-Office-365/ba-p/94367