Smartforms View / SmartBox as data source - memo only allows 100 characters

• 28 August 2015
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Symptoms

Smartforms View / SmartBox as data source - memo only allows 100 characters

Diagnoses

A SmartForm / View tied to a SmartBox - memo field is showing an error "... too long value for type Memo.. maximum length.. 100 characters"

I am referring to this:
http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Smartbox-SmartObject-Memo-maximum-length-100-characters/td-p/77146

I see the possible issue being a "text" column changed to "memo", when using "SmartBox" this error can happen. I'm also seeing workarounds, but this seems to be just map to a column created as "memo" to begin with. Or, delete the column, and recreate as a "memo" with the same name.

If you could verify / provide how to fix this I.E. is the info at that link valid, or would an update (beyond 4.6.8) address this, etc.

Resolution

The fix for this issue was included in the 4.6.10 release. The bug was with the K2 Designer, as such we can use K2 Studio/Visual Studio to make the necessary changes. You can use the "Save to Local" option via the Object Browser > Smartobject Server to create a local copy of the Smartbox Smartobject.

If the Smartobject Property in the Smartbox .sodx is currently "Text" I believe you can just change this to Memo and redeploy.

If this is currently already "Memo" when exported, please first change this to "Text" and deploy the Smartobject. Then immediately after that, change it back to "Memo" and the redeploy the Smartbox .sodx again.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!