Not applicable

How user reenter data in nintex form which earlier they submitted to nintex form ?

I have specific requirement for upcoming project. There will be three buttons on SharePoint 2013. First button is for new form, second button for reenter/revise data earlier user submitted and third button will be for actualize/finalize data. So my main problem is how i pull data from first form they submitted and they can edit their data when they click revise data button.

Any help would be appreciate it.    

0 Kudos
9 Replies
rickbakker
Nintex Newbie

Re: How user reenter data in nintex form which earlier they submitted to nintex form ?

Hi Sahil Patel‌,

It looks like you just need one list with a Nintex form containing 3 possible buttons:

1. Cancel
  2. Save (for new AND reenter/revise data)
  3. Submit (for actualize/finalize)

So this are NOT the buttons you mentioned!

For the buttons you mentioned:

Button 1 should redirect to the newform.

Button 2 and 3 should redirect to the editform.

I imagine you also need some workflow to act on the button clicked (ii or iii), like setting permissions. If this is the case, make sure button iii also updates a column on the list so the workflow knows button iii was clicked and then act upon it.

You can make button iii not available on a new form with a formatting rule.

Cheers,

Rick

Not applicable

Re: How user reenter data in nintex form which earlier they submitted to nintex form ?

Hi Rick Bakker,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here are some more details so you can under stand whole scenario.

There will three custom button on SharePoint page.

1.New form

2. Revise form

3. Actualize/finalize form 

For i button users can enter data on form and submit and in workflow all data goes to sql server DBA.

For ii button in case users wants to revise their data earlier submitted then they can edit their data and submit it again all data goes to sql server DBA.

For iii button its for end of year so users can edit data again and submit it again all data goes to sql server DBA last time.

So i am struggling at ii and iii button, when users click ii button and only can see their on data and they can edit if they want and submit. 

rickbakker
Nintex Newbie

Aha. The data is not added to SharePoint but into a database (and should also be retrieved from it). That is indeed another scenario. Databases/SQL is not really my area of expertise anymore, so I am afraid I cannot help you with that.

What I can tell you is that the Enterprise license is needed for the control 'SQL Request' which I expect you to need.

Not applicable

Yes i do have enterprise license.

My biggest concern is how i redirect users with custom button in edit mode(I don't want them to go in SharePoint list and edit). In edit mode i can use SharePoint data and i am not worried about SQL database right now.

achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

How will you handle the scenario where user has multiple items that are not finalized .New button will create new item but reenter/revise data earlier user submitted can have multiple items. What I feel is

1. Create a flag column and change the value when user actualize/finalize data.
  2. On reenter/revise change the value of flag and  create a panel which will have dropdown, fetch the value of title in dropdown for the items which are created or modified by current user and whose flag is not equal to actualize/finalize data.
thomas_xu
Cloud Wanderer

Hi Sahil.

Not sure if this completely satisfies your scenario. What I generally do is have a list view web part such as following. 

It includes:

New Form link which takes you the default new item list form

View Forms which takes to a list view filtered by forms created by me

This way people can easily create new form or go back to a previously saved/submitted forms.  

You could potentially add a link called Finalise Forms which takes you to a form which has a form status of "Ready to be finalised" or something like that

Not applicable

Hi All,

Here is whole scenario,

so when users click on new form they will lend on this form

and when user click on revise form they will lend on edit form like this,

How i target specific user on revise/finalize form so they can only edit their own form earlier they submitted.

I am quite new with SharePoint and nintex so i am struggling on this part.

Any details answers would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sahil Patel

rickbakker
Nintex Newbie

Hi Sahil Patel‌,

This is actually a nice use case.

So what you want are personalized buttons: The form show when clicking on a button depends on the user who clicks on the button (in case of 'Revise Form' and 'Finalize Form').

What comes into my mind is the following solution:

1. A list containing the actual items.
  2. A page with the 3 buttons. This page should contains JavaScript which:
    1. For 'New Form' does nothing. The button will redirect all users to the related newform.aspx
    2. For 'Revise Form' and 'Finalize Form'
      1. gets the ID of the item for the logged in user (this post gives some pointers: http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/151666/caml-query-to-return-items-created-by-logged-in...)
        1. 0 items means no form has yet been filled in (saved) and a message should be displayed to mention to use 'New Form'.
      2. updates the url of the buttons so that when a user clicks on the button, they are directed to the related editform.aspx. Example (a link in this case):
        1. <a href="http://your.domain.com/Lists/ListName/EditForm.aspx?ID=<<ID>>">Revise Form</a>
      3. Have 2 buttons on the editform. One for 'Revise Form' and one for 'Finalize Form'.
        1. So actually, it would be better to have 2 buttons on the page imo:
          1. New Form
          2. Revise / Finalize Form

A possible issue I forsee is that users are able to go the the list directly and add an extra item. This leaves you with the situation of dealing with multiple items per user. This can be countered by adding some JavaScript to the newform so that it first checks if an item for that user already exists (with the same code already used for the 'Revise Form' and 'Finalize Form'). I hope you are comfortable with JavaScript.

I would love to hear which solution you have finally made.

Cheers,

Rick

Not applicable

Thanks you so much Rick.

Now I get an idea what to do. And Yes i am familiar with java script.

I agreed on it would be better to to have 2 buttons on the page.

I will let you know once i implement the solution.

Thanks once again.