Not seeing anything in Workflow Service in Context Browser

• 26 November 2007
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I'm trying to get a process to start on the create method of a smart object.  I have created and deployed the process to the workflow server and it is working fine when started from the management console.  I'm trying to start it from the create method of the start object.  I'm doing this by adding a service object method to the create of the SmartObject, but when I try and browse for the process from the context browser I dont see my process under Workflow Service.  I've tried refreshing, and closing and re-opening the designer but I still can't see it.  Am I doing something wrong?

5 replies

Badge +7

1) The path should be "ServiceObject Server(s)"-->"ServiceObject Server"-->"workflow Service"-->[Project name]-->Process-->[Process Name]-->"Start Process". Make sure you are browsing this path.

2) Go to WorkSpace, click "Management Console"-->[Server:Port]-->"SmartObjects"-->"Services"-->Workflow Service", Select your "Workflow Service" and click "Modify".
    Make sure the Workflow Server is pointing to your hosting server name. workflow LogDB connection String and Workflow DB Connection string are correct. Usually they are something like
    "server=[DB Server];Database=K2ServerLog(K2Server for Workflow DB); integrated security=sspi; pooling=true; enlist=false". Try to using the same connection string in .net to see if you are able to connect without any problem.

3) See which environment you are connecting to, "Development" or "Production"? Make sure you are connecting to the same environment as your deployed process. Also check the setting for "Workflow Server" are correct in the environment.

Badge +2

Thank you for that, but I still don't seem to be able to browse to it:

1. That was where I was looking for it.
  2. I checked the connection strings were then and tested them both in Visual Studio and could connect.
  3. They both seem to be connecting to the development environment.  Definitely in Visual Studio.  I'm not sure where you tell in the Management Console, but the string table says (development) next to it, so I assume this is correct.  The workflow server is the same for both Development and Production: Integrated=True; IsPrimaryLogin=True; Authenticate=True; EncryptedPassword=False; Host=servername;Port=5252.

Is there anything else I should check?

Badge +9
Just to check is this with HF2.01 or an earlier build?
Badge +2
Its HF2.01.
Badge +9
Since I haven't seen it asked; have you enabled the "Create Workflow SmartObjects" checkbox within the SmartObject Association dialog within the process design canvas?