"Root element is missing"

• 7 October 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Dear K2 team ,

I deployed some upgraded workflow process (K2 Blackpearl 4.5) from Visual Studio to K2 Blackpearl 4.6.6 then I wanted to test the process workflow by using K2 Workspace -> Instances.

Then when I start the workflow , the workflow throw exception "Root element is missing".

The item in the workflow consist of 1 e-mail event and some Smartobjects in the e-mail event.

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you.

4 replies

Badge +6

Close all designer tools. Re-open the workflow. Right click on the canvas white space and choose "Update Design Templates". Check box and Finish. Save and deploy.

WARNING: updating design templates will clear custom code in the workflow. (please backup)

Badge +6

If it is a SharePoint or InfoPath integrated workflow, you cannot start it from workspace

Badge +1

Got no luck after I did this.

I realized that the workflow itself is running and we get the error after the workflow reach the one e-mail event that containing smartobjects.

Where can I get the logs for the error workflow beside from the workspace?

Badge +6

in that case, your smartobject might be inconsistent or your property mapping is not valid. using smartobject service tester tool, test the smartobject first. The logs are located in HostServerBin folder. You must enable full logging. http://help.k2.com/en/kb000298.aspx