UserProfileLookup and Custom AD attribute

• 13 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

All,

Nintex Form 2013

SharePoint 2013

I'm using a calculated value with the following formula :  userProfileLookup(PeoplePickerControl,"employeeID")

If the form is filled out by the user currently logged onto SharePoint and the people picker is set to themselves, the employeeID is returned.

If the form is completed on behalf of somebody else the calculated value field value is blank

The employeeID field is then used as part of a url string on the form which when clicked, filters a SharePoint list based on the employeeID .

Default fields i.e. office, department etc. come through OK.

I couldn't use preferred named value as some of our names have special characters, thus the url is broken.

I can't use a workflow as the url needs to be live once the people picker control has been set. Yet, the value is available if I set it via a workflow.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

It might be me, but I'm not quite clear on what the issue you're facing is here. Can you explain the actual problem your facing? Is it that the calculated value is blank when the user puts in another users name in the people picker?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Ryan,

Yes, that's it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I think I may have figured this out.

Looking at SharePoint Central Admin and the user profile properties for the custom attribute. The attribute's default privacy policy is set to only me, not everyone.

This would explain why the current user can see their own value, but not the value of somebody else.

Need to test, after I've got the go ahead to change the setting.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes, the property policy was the issue.

Badge +1

I get all the other fields populated, except EmployeeID ! There are values for the user in AD though..
SP+NF 2013 environment

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Have you checked the following:

Looking at SharePoint Central Admin and the user profile properties for the custom attribute. The attribute's default privacy policy is set to only me, not everyone.

I'd suggest you start a new question also.