Hello - has anyone figured out how to get the drop down to work on a people picker field on the Nintex Form?

• 12 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am fairly new to Nintex form.  I have search this site but have not found a solution so far.

I have a People Person or Group field I have put onto a Nintex Form.  I have set it to use a Specific SharePoint Group to pick from - but on the form it does not provide a drop down.

Has anyone been able to get this to display?

I am using SharePoint 2013 and Nintex Forms 2013

Thank you for any advise.

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi,

If you really want a drop down, then you need to build a separate list for your Group in which each item is a member of your group.

In your form, you can create a column with a lookup to this list.

Please note that the member's name will be stored as text in your drop down field.

Hope it helps,

Christophe

Badge +5

When using "use a Specific SharePoint Group to pick from" it only limits the people picker seach results you get, when entering something in the people picker field.

A similiar solution to the one Christophe suggested would be to have kind of a mapping list where you have a column with all members of your group in a text column and a people person column with the actual usernames if it is the information you need for further steps. Maybe this examples which is not exactly what you need, gives you a hint what is meant and how to do this:

https://walkingthestack.com/2013/11/18/lookup/