espradli
Scout

How to update a multiline text column with form lookup value data

Jump to solution

I have a form with a lookup field on the form where the employees can select several product codes (often more than 256 characters long).

I am needing to store the values on the form to a multiline text box. I receive a error email AND then I receive a email with the values and some gibberish in it

*I attached the list template (there are 2 other lists for the cascading lookup on the form for product category and product codes, but I cannot share those) and the workflow file.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
cassymfreeman

Re: How to update a multiline text column with form lookup value data

Jump to solution

Is there a reason you're not storing this data in the list itself with a lookup column?

0 Kudos
espradli
Scout

Jump to solution

I kind of am...I have 2 of these types of fields on the form. The first field (product category) I connect to a single line of text column and it works great.

This 2nd list lookup field that is filtered off the 1st lookup field need to be connected to a multiline text because it often contains more than 256 characters. However,  it only allows me to connect to a single line of text.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

Jump to solution

I mean in the list itself create a column of type lookup to the list you need for both lookups. You can still filter second by first and you won't need to worry about them being "disconnected" on the form?

cassymfreeman

Jump to solution

Hey

I have tried to explain what I mean in this blog post:

Dealing with Cascading Lookups in Nintex Forms

cassymfreeman

Jump to solution

were you able to solve your problem Emily Spradlin​?

0 Kudos
espradli
Scout

Jump to solution

Yes, thank you. Your Dealing with Cascading Lookups in Nintex Forms post helped! I just cannot delete the old controls on the form until I edit/copy all the data into the new controls on the form

cassymfreeman

Jump to solution

Excellent news

0 Kudos