The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

• 7 April 2009
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

Hi,
My process starts correctly but within the first sharepoint event I get the error message "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized ". The first events of the process are a server event and a mail event. Those two events are working. But the 3rd event (create sharepoint site) failed.
The whole process was working a few days ago.
Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Jochen

4 replies

Badge +11

What changed between the time it was working and the time it is not?  That is the place to start.

A 401 Unauthorized can mean a couple of things.  First, it could mean a Kerberos (if you're using it) setting has changed and the credentials that are being passed to IIS are being rejected as invalid.  Second, it could mean the credentials are being passed all the way to SharePoint (valid), but SharePoint is saying that user is not authorized to perform that action--is the K2 Service account still a site admin? 

Badge +8
It is difficult to say what has changed.
We don't use Kerberos and the Service Account is still Site Collection Administrator. The k2 Service account is also local admin.
Thx, Jochen
Badge +4
If you login under the service account and then hit up the sharepoint site can you then create a site collection?
Badge +8
yes  i can create sites. I am using https sites. is this a problem