How do I include links to several pages in one workflow email requesting page reviews?

• 2 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone,

We have a site which houses our Work Instructions. This site has about 10 subsites (one for each major area of operation). Each subsite has a Pages Library and a Document Library.

I'm trying to create a workflow that checks the pages library of each subsite for the page "review date". Once that review date is reached, I need to send an email to the Page Owner requesting that they review and update the page. Most often there are numerous pages with the same review date so I'd like to create a notification that looks like:

Dear John,

The following pages are due for review:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Ideally the workflow will be a site workflow so I only need to maintain the one workflow.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

4 replies

Badge +17

My first and easiest thought would be to create one workflow on one pages library that notifies the owner. Then copy and replicate that?

You could create a resuable workflow to accomplish that as well.

Thirdly, why not turn on publishing for your sites and use the build in review and approval process for pages?

Badge +6

Lexie,

Another option, if you don't want to do as Eric suggests, is to possibly use a Call Web Service control to return details on your page libraries. From there you could iterate through the detail to find those libraries that have reached the review date. Load the required data into various collections and process these to build up a text string with a new link on each line to populate into your notification.

I haven't done this based on a page library, but would think that something like that should work.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +11

You could do a Query List in a site workflow. The pages that matches your criteria can go into a workflow collections variable. You can format those pages into a string variable and display them in a notification email.

Badge +4

Thanks. This sounds like the most promising idea. I'll see what I can do.