Solved

How to unhide a panel from a radio button choice

• 22 January 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I'm attempting to unhide a panel that requires someone to check a box should the radio button for "Approved" be selected.  The form is generated by a workflow approval.  When the user select's "approved", I want another panel to display a Yes/No check box (for which they will need to select yes).  I have the following rule set for the panel I would like to hide 

212877_pastedImage_1.png

Decision is the control that has either "Approved" or "Rejected".  However, no matter what I do in the rule, the panel is always hidden.  I'm not sure if I have the syntax right or this is possible in an approval form.  

icon

Best answer by emha 23 March 2018, 15:05

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have a look on this  

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

It is not for a comment box, it is either the approve or rejected radio buttons used on a task form (inside a workflow).  I would like the panel to appear when someone selects the "approve" radio button.  However no matter what I place in the rule, the panel never shows.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it doesn't matter whether you show/hide panel or comment box. the rule will be the same.

the important learning from the link I provided should have been how to write rules that evaluate value of Decision control: you can not compare them with text value (label) but rather with its numeric value.

Badge
there's no link in your answer..
Badge +4

Hello @brianknight .  I have the same question and I've found that my form works after save - the panel that is dependent upon the radio button selection shows and hides properly.  Do you know how to get this value while the user is in entry/edit mode?  I want to show the panel to them so they fill it out when they have make the appropriate selection.

Notes:  In my case I have a "New" vs "Revision" type of project and when the user selects "Revision" I want them to see the panel where they can enter what project is being revised.

Thank you in advance,

Carolyn

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@cblackl2000 Not sure what you mean about entry/edit mode.  Are you referring to New or Edit versions of the form?  Now there are different rule formulas that can show and hide based on if it is in Display, Edit, or New modes.  You'll find these in the Common section of the form builder.  So for example, you want to hide a panel or control when the form is in New mode, create a rule that has this formula "Is New Mode".  That will hide the item when the form is in the New mode.  

Badge +4

@brianknight Thank you.  I now have another area I will look at (the different form views).

I finally found my solution.  I had put the rule in using Item Properties instead of Named Controls and therefore when adding a new list item, the rule appeared to not fire. 

• I needed to use Named Controls as the rule reference

I've tried to add another post reference, but can't seem to pull in the post.  It is by @slarsson Rules don't always seem to execute until after I save form                                                                                                            

Badge +4

@brianknight thank you for your response.  The particular issue was completely due to incorrectly using item properties instead of Named Controls, so that is now totally resolved.

I have seen the isNewMode, isEditMode and I'll be working with those next.  Thanks!

Badge +2
hello - I see this comment has been marked as the solution, but there is nothing on it. I assume it's supposed to be a link, but it just says "have a look on this" and then nothing else.