Change Destination based on field in form.

• 5 October 2009
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

I a having some problems figureing out how to change the destination user based on a field from an infopath form.

On Completion of Activity A the process flows to Activity B.... the destination user for activity B change based of data that was added added to the form in Activity A.

e.g.  The form has a "Change_Type" field that gets filled out in Activity A. After Activity A is completes the process flows to Activity B.  If the change type is "XYZ" then Person X is assigned that task action from Activity B.  If the change type is "ABC" then person A needs to complete the task action for activity B.  Thse the whole thing continues on to activity C.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

The first mission will be to get the InfoPath form to save the data entered each time and to setup a data connection to return the user e-mail address or they will have to complete the form with the user physical email address. There should be post regarding this. Once it’s saved you can use the field from the InfoPath form as the destination.

Hope this helps.

vernon

Badge +3

So trying to rephrase:

In the form I would have a field name "ChangeTypeEmailTo"  and if the change type is xyz update the filed  to equal person_z@domain.com and if the change type is abc then set ChangeTypeEmailTo = person_A@domain.com.

The use the ChangeTypeEmailTo as the destination for activity B. 

Sound about right?  I did not quite follow what you ment by get infopath to save the data entered each time.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

That sounds just about right. With the save InfoPath I was assuming you type in the user email address...then the form will need to be saved in order for the next step to retrieve that data in that field.

vernon