Solved

How to store the changes done on the form in another list after approval process completed?

Badge +2

Hello All,

I am new to Share point Nintex forms and Workflows. Can someone help me to solve it.

How to store the changes done by the user on the form in another list.

Here List A is the main list where the fields stores the values on first request.

But requestor when ask for extension of dates(where he can do some changes in the products he ordered early)..now I want to store that values to another list on the same booking number.

in this Scenario requestor can ask for multiple extensions .

Can someone help me how do I implement this.

Currently I am done with first flow using state machine ..and sending the display form with link for extension. So I want that link to open in edit form so that user can do changes on previous form.

I am not sure if I am correct or not? But can someone suggest me please.

icon

Best answer by kunalpatel 11 May 2021, 06:26

View original

5 replies

Badge +12

@Dolly20 can't you just use SharePoint's OOB versioning functionality instead of managing multiple lists and creating duplicate data?

Badge +2
Thank you @kunalpatel. Thats the great way .
As a part of my project can I ask you other query ..
I want to enable all the controls on the form based on one checkbox checked on display mode.
How do I implement this? Is it possible through form validations or through workflow? Could you please help me?
Badge +12

@Dolly20 …Sorry before responding didn't see that you mentioned display mode...what do you mean you want to enable the control in display mode? You cannot do any editing in display mode BUT if you want to hide certain controls only during display mode then you can apply the formatting rule to hide that control if the form is in display mode...you will find that option in common tab.

Badge +2
Firstly would like to thank you for responding to my Query again.
For clear understanding of scenario.
I have a check box on the form(which is available in the acknowledge email after approval of his first request) for requestor. They can use that to click and ask for extension of campaign after approval process is completed.. Also they can make any changes in the request (ex.. product, quantity etc) and submit.
So I want the requestor to check the check box and then only all fields gets enabled and let the requestor to fill up.
Is there any Validation to do this.
Could you please help me in doing this ?
Badge +12

@Dolly20 do you have a particular status once it's gets approved? If so, then maybe you can use If statement, the flag and checkbox or you can use the choice ( Do you need extension?) and try.