Update item in another SharePoint 2013 list is updating ALL items. Please Help!!

• 29 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there!  I am new here and I have a simple question.  I am utilizing SharePoint 2013.  I have a Nintex form (List A) with fields/columns to capture data for Workman Comp claims.  This is sensitive data, therefore I have created a workflow (WF A) to write selected fields (that contain non-sensative data) over to a second list (List B) for directors to review.  This works great.  However, there are times when certain fields in List A are modified - and these changes need to be reflected in List B.  So I created a second workflow (WF B) with a conditional start.  I have tried many different approaches, but  no matter what way I try, my 2nd workflow will update the value correctly -- but it is updating ALL items for that field in List B.  Can anyone please help me headed in the right direction?  Please??  I have tried using the Update Items action and Update Multiple Items Action.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you!!!  :-)

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

Do the items on both lists have a unique identifier like a claim number for instance?

If they do just use an Update Item action.

Lets say the number of days off needs to be udated as they were updated on List A and need to be recoreded on List B.

Action would look like.

7663i3E3770A6598424E1.png

Badge +1

Hi Simon,  

Thank you so very much for your reply.  Yes, I do have unique identifiers.  List A I am using buit in ID and I have created a 'Main ID' (as single line of text) in List B.  I tried what you had suggested on my 'test' lists and am still encountering the same issue.  :-(  

7686iBC85D86D03E63946.png

When I updated item in List A item (DaysAway to 6), it updates ALL items in my list for Days Away.   

7687i3D0013877D05069D.pngAny additional assistance you could provide is appreciated.  Thank you for your help, @SimonMuntz 

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Something weird is going on.
Update item can only update 1 item.
The update multiple items action is required to update more than one item.
Are you sure other workflows are not running or the column has a calculated value on it or something????

Your action configuration is correct and I have tested the functionality.
What is the data type of the DaysAway column. I tested with Number columns.