Best Methodology For Digital Signatures

• 23 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi Everyone

I'm creating a workflow for document approval.  One of the requirements is to have a certain type of document digitally signed.  Our current configuration is that we have the ability to digitally sign PDF's within the PDF editor itself.  So... the way I could do it would be to have the initiator start the workflow and for each approver they would have to check out, digitally approve, check in, and then approve the document to move it to the next approver. 

Is this the best way to manage digitally signed documents with Nintex workflow?  Your $0.02?

Best Regards,
Andy

3 replies

Badge +17

Andy,

The methodology honestly depends on the policy in place and what signatures mean to an organization. If your company is okay with a PDF signature, then what you have is sufficient. However, if they require more than signing with an e-signature company helps from a compliance perspective. 

Again the biggest driver isn't the tech but the policy and what they are willing to tolerate and enforce. 

Eric

Badge +11

Does Nintex Server version offer any signature options?!
Nothing that I have noticed anyway ....

Badge +17

Bim Bimi

Nintex Mobile allows you to capture signatures see  

However, I would not equate this to digital or electronic signatures. It's just a fat finger, sign, and capture as an image. Nintex workflow does allow you to integrate with DocuSign and Adobe Sign via the workflow if you have an account respectively. You can also build an integration to any other API driven signature platform using Call Web Service actions in Nintex Workflow.