Wait for item update causes excessive logging in history list

• 21 December 2015
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

Hello community,

When checking for large lists I found several Nintex workflow history lists that have been grown very large.

Next I checked the workflows and found some workflows using the "Wait for item update" action.

This action logs "Waiting on Status" into the history list and once the item got updated it logs "Waiting complete on Status".

When you use this action in loops e.g. in a state machine this results in lots of entries in the history list and thereby growing it quickly.

In most cases I consider this information pretty useless within history data and I would like to prevent it from being logged.

I tried to configure the action with "Hide from workflow status" but the information is still being logged.

Does anybody know how to prevent "Waiting on Status" and "Waiting complete on Status" messages from being logged in the history?

Thanks and Regards

Thomas

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I asked it once to support people and they told me that currently it is not possible.

Badge +4

Thank you for your answer, Fernando.

If this is not foolhardy I would like to bring it up as an idea of improvement.

Another idea is to enhance PurgeHistoryListData to accept parameters that allow to clean-up data based on type and description.

E.g. a filter combination of Event type=11 and Description containing "Waiting on" and "Waiting complete on" would be pretty helpful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi Thomas,

Nintex is always happy to listen to your idea's to improve functionality.

If you would like to see your suggestions in Nintex Workflow please visit http://nintex.uservoice.com and cast your vote.

Badge +4

Thank you Simon. I entered my suggestion.