How to get K2 workflow to pick up new environment variables (template fields)

• 2 June 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a workflow that creates a SharePoint folder and then sets permissions on the folder. Because our user domains and accounts are different between our environments I have created some template fields to store the group accounts. When I change these variables, new workflows do not pick up the new variable they keep running with the old one. I have tried restarting K2 service and restarting the.  I even waited a few days and I cannot get K2 to run with the new variable. Since I promoted this workflow I cannot even get the variable to pull from the template field at all. Is there some way to force k2 to update variables. In my development environment I could deploy again and it would pick up the variables but it does not appear to work when I promoted it. Promotion is running an msbuild command line.

Any help greatly appreciated,

2 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

Create two templates. 1-> Development. 2->Production.

Initialy for testing purpose point the k2 process to Development environment and compile, release test box. Once you finished testing. Just point the K2 process again to Production environment and compile the process (including creating deployment package). This package cant be tested in development box now because of different domain.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Nathan Pillai

Badge +8

In addition to what Nathan has mentioned, also remember that the Environment Library is translated to String Table when a process is deployed. So the running workflow instances do not pull the values from the Environment Library, rather, it pulls it from the String Table. So when you want to change these values, update both the Environment Library and the relevant String Table entries for the environment.