Repeater data is failing after certain rowns based on the entry

Badge +6

Hello,

I have a repeater in my form which has only one text filed inside it. It was working all fine in production but one user has made 9 entries and workflow is failing.

So for testing i made 6 entries in UAT with the below scenario.

Scenario 1 : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">1</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">2</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">3</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">4</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">5</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">test</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">6</cal></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

Scenario 2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">1</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">2</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">3</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">4</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">5</cal></Item><Item><ExceptionTitle type="System.String">Status of the MS SQL Server HideInstance setting</ExceptionTitle><cal type="System.String">6</cal></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

Scenario 1 is  fine without any errors, but scenario 2 is failing. in both i have 6 rows, the diffrence is in last row. So is it based on number of characters to be allowed in repeater?

How can i get rid of this error?

Error : The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.

Regards,

Hema

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
What does the workflow do?
Are you able to provide an export of the workflow so I can look over it?
Badge +6
I got it working. It was because i was using single line of text for storing the exception titles, so when it crosses the 255 characters it was failing. i chnaged it into multiline of text.