K2 Studio, keyboard shortcuts

• 22 June 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

We've recently installed K2 Blackpoint and I thought I'd share initial opinions as I came across them.  Some of them will probably be trivial or nitpicking, like this one.

I'm used to using keyboard shortcuts for most things, avoiding the mouse where possible.  K2 Studio goes for ribbon style menus but doesn't bother finishing the job.  If you press Alt then it shows the available options as

Alt-F: Old style File menu.  Fair enough
Alt-T: Home.  Odd choice of letter
Alt-T: Getting Started.  Hang on, isn't Alt-T for Home?
Alt-T: K2 Concepts.  See above

Three Alt-T's?  Obviously only the first one works, Home.  But then all of the options are B.  B for Paste, Cut, Copy, Select All, References, New, Open...

Likewise on the File menu, there should be underlined letters for the keyboard accelerators: New, Open, Save, Deploy, Print, Close

Whilst I'm on this, the usual shortcuts that work in every other program should work.  Want to open a file?  Ctrl-O.  New file?  Ctrl-N.

Will post something more to do with the workflow than the UI once I've started using it.

Ta

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Duncan

Would you be able to create a support ticket for this issue so we in labs can be made aware of this issue and fix it in a later release?

Regards

Pieter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained herin does not reflect the view of K2, this is my own opinion