Question

List view Selected Filter

• 24 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Could anybody advise if there is a way to hide the Selected Filter on a list view.

Many thanks

Andrew

4 replies

I have tried this the only problem is that the quick filter goes aswell and I need to keep that

Badge +9

Hi AndyR1,

Hiding  the Filter  for Selected list view  is not possible OTB, but you can use jquery to hide the filters.

Find Css selector for listview filter using browser  developer option and then using jquery set display:none; for it.

Thanks ,

Kran

Blog :  k2recipes

Badge +8

Hi AndyR1,

Currently this functionality does not exist within K2.

I suggest you log a feature request for it:

https://ideas.k2.com/

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi AndyR1

You can make use of  the Data Label accompanied by its Literal property to achieve the desired result which is to hide the Selected Filter on a list view.

To do this please follow these steps:

1) Run your view using the Runtime URL

2) While the view is visible in runtime right click on the Selected Filter control that you want to hide and select the option "Inspect" from the popup list.

3) Locate the first parent ID for that control in the F12 html code box.

4) Double click on the ID value in the F12 html code box and copy the ID value.

5) In the below code snipet replace the "PASTEHERE" with the ID value that you had coppied.

<Script>$("#PASTEHERE").css("display", "none");</Script>

Example: 

<Script>$("#00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_623df48e-c14d-40b0-92a8-45ebbbd6b665").css("display", "none");</Script>

6) After altering the code snippet above, copy the code snippet and edit the list view.

7) In the list view add a data label control and ensure that its Literal property is enabled(checked).

8) Add an expression to the data label and paste the code snippet you cpoied in step 6 into the expression.

9) Save, Finish and Run the list view.

10) The control should now display the following result:

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor Me Too options.

Kind Regards

Raymond