Pending event.

• 12 June 2006
  • 2 replies

Badge +11
No, unless your process is specifically designed to give the Originator the chance to change/validate information, he/she would not be able to get to the process instance once the worklist item for the approver has been created.

The only way to give the Originator the ability to change information would be to have an activity (just after Start) with a worklistitem for the Originator to validate the information to be passed to the Approver.

Hope this makes sense,
Ockert

2 replies

Badge +3
Hi All,

Quick question. i have created a process that creates a change request. The user logs in, fills in a change request form and submits. The status of the process should be pending from this point till an approver views it and either approves or rejects it. I have a list that says the current requests pending in the system. My question is that if a user wishes to change some information on the form before the approver views it, can they? And if they do change it, does it have to be resubmitted?

N.
Badge +3
Also at the moment all my datafields reside in the process not in the activities. Should this be the case or should each activity hold its own core fields?