Error: The workflow template has specified no FormURN for this page.

• 12 September 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I have a workflow that I'm creating a number of flexi tasks.  It's been working fine, but then today I started getting this error.

The workflow template has specified no FormURN for this page.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: abcad857-4dd6-4465-89e0-708f832b394e

Date and Time: 9/12/2014 11:09:28 AM

The one change I made before I started getting this, was one of my flex-task was customized using InfoPath, and I changed it go back to the default form.  All the other tasks were already using the default.  I have receated that one task action, and removed the InfoPath form as well, but no luck.  Even republished the workflow under a new name to see if that might fix it.  I'm out of ideas.  Anyone know how to fix this? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

So, I managed to fix this.  First I changed the workflow task list and ran it again and the tasks opened without an issue.  So on my original list I deleted all the tasks, then delted the content types used by the workflow.  I then change the workflow task list back to the original list and republished.  When I ran the workflow the first time, it recreated the content types in the list, and I was able to open the tasks. 

Since I was able to delete all the tasks, this allowed me to delete the content types so that I could do this.  If it was a scenario where I couldn't delete the tasks, not sure how I would have corrected this.  Hopefully I won't encounter that scenario.

Badge +1

Hi Brendan - I'm getting this issue as well. I'm new to Nintex and SharePoint and I've been trying to delete the content type that's giving me this issue, but without luck. Do you know where the content types are stored? I'm running a SharePoint 2010 environment.

Thanks.

Badge +4

Had the same issue, but solved it a different way (meaning this way worked for me, just sharing):

We use an InfoPath form as our launch vehicle for the workflow, and so I opened the workflow and looked in Workflow Settings, and at the bottom the form type was set to Custom. I changed it to InfoPath, republished, and all is well. Just FYI.