Can't update person/group column from workflow

Badge +2

Hi

I am stuck. I am trying to create a new documentset, based on a list Element. 

For that I have created at workflow using the Create an element on another list action.

The only thing not working is updating a person/group column with multiple entries allowed.

I have read here that i am supposed to use this format -1;#domainxxx.

By using a "Save to workflows history list" i have checked that the variable is set correct. 

But the workflow just ignores this column and leaves it blank, i have tried with typing just one person into the column - but it is still ignored.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thx.

Workflow

The two first are Regular expressions and configured as described in the article i have made a link to.

The next two are Build String actions also configured as described in the article. 

The second last is just a "Save to history" action and finally the last action is a Create an item action.

12 replies

Badge +11

Please post a screenshot of your workflow.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Done :-)

Badge +11

I'm sorry, but I can't read it because it isn't English. Can you translate the comments on the actions? We may have to see how the actions are configured as well, so we'll need screenshots of those too.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Done

Badge +11

Does this help?

https://community.nintex.com/message/16032

Badge +11

https://community.nintex.com/message/41831?commentID=41831#comment-41831

Badge +2

It might - but i am not sure how to format the value as suggested. How do i extract the users ID and combine it with the users full name. Ex. 1;#John Doe 

Badge +6

I think domain/username should be enough, you don't need the prefix. Besides this, your prefix seems to be incorrect. I think you have been told to use the claims prefix, which actually looks like this: i:0#.w|domain/username

If it still doesn't work, log the value to the history list, take it and then copy paste it into a person or group column, it probably won't get solved correctly.

Badge +2

I would have thought so to - but it doesn't seem to be the case. In the list I have two person/Group columns. The only difference between the two is that one of them accept multiple users. The one that doesn't accept multiple users only accepts this format: -1;#ntatpxxx and updates fine. The other doesn't seem to accept any of the formats I have tried. The workflow runs without errors when using the previous shown format, but the multiple users column is not updated - it is left blank!?

Badge +6

I just tried to reproduce the error, but in my case everything works like expected. I have a list with two "Person or Group" columns, one allows multiple selections, the other doesn't.

197596_pastedImage_1.png

I created a variable ("Person or Group") and afterwards set the variable to "domainusername". Then I updated both columns with the variable. Workflow runs without problems and updates both columns.

Can you provide the configuration of the list and an export of the workflow?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Jan,

How are your account names currently displayed in SharePoint? For me, I can click on a users name in a group and get the user information screen to see a users name (see screenshot). To

197601_pastedImage_1.png

To extract the user ID try a string builder. First just see what is loaded to a variable when referencing the Person/Group field. Mine gave me this...

197602_pastedImage_2.png

Let me know what you render. If yours does not give the full account name, you can append it in a string builder.

Badge +2

Hi Patrick

Thank you for your answer - I have a raised a support case with Nintex as I really cant figure it out.

As ‌ has written - it should work with domainxxx - but it doesn't.

Jan