Formatting output of multiple checkboxes

• 27 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi - 

I have a form where users select a bunch of options from a checklist. e.g. "I want A, D, E, G"

I want that list emailed to another person. 

I'm having trouble with the formatting of the selected options in the email. It shows up like this: 

{"__metadata":{"type":"Collection(Edm.String)"},"results":["A"]}

How do I get rid of all these extra characters? 

Thanks!

6 replies

Badge +16

‌ is the control on the form connected to a column in your list?  or is it disconnected on your form?

Any chance you can add a screenshot of the control?

Badge +2

Hi Cassy - it is connected to a choice-based column in my list. 

Not sure if this is the screenshot you're looking for, but it's a list of technology items that can be requested, and users can select multiple checkboxes:

213659_pastedImage_1.png

Then in my workflow, I'm just sending an email to technology that references the checked items in Item Properties: 

213660_pastedImage_2.png

It's this email that results in all the extra characters I reference above: 

{"__metadata":{"type":"Collection(Edm.String)"},"results":["CRM Access, Phone"]}

Badge +16

OK let me try one sec.

Badge +16

OK odd here is what I have:

Works fine for me.

What version SharePoint/Nintex are you using?

What does the saved item look like in your list?  Mine looks like this:

Badge +2

Ah, I see, I've been doing it all wrong. I'd been inserting the choices into the email from Item Properties in the column on the right, but I should have been using Advanced Lookup, which stripped out all the gobbledygook when I selected Comma Delimited. However mine doesn't give me spaces between the commas: 

Technology requested: Computer,Phone Number,Advisor View access,Other

But this is better than what I had before!

Badge +16

Oh good pleased it was a simple fix.  You can always use regular expression action to replace "," with ", " if you want a space?  ‌ all done happy.png