Nintex workflow, need to copy a document set from library to another. Copy item gives an error. any ideas?

• 19 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

my workflow is copying document sets from one library to another and I am getting the following error:

"The workflow could not copy the item. Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings."

The 2 libraries are identical.  I saved the first as a template and created the second library from that template.

I'm using COPY ITEM action.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anu  

4 replies

Badge +11

Anu Singh,

Have you tried Send Document Set to repository action in the workflow? There are specific methods that can be used for Documents Sets. You would need to enable Content Organizer for this to work. This can help resolve your issue. Copy Item might not work because it is specific for an item or a single document. 

Iterate through documents in a Document Set 

Badge +3

Hi Kapil

I’m running the workflow on a custom list where document set from source library will be copied to destination library. Will the ‘Send Document Set to repository’ action work for this? I don’t see any place to specify destination. I tried this and it gives an “unknown error”.

Thanks,

Anu

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Are any of the documents checked out?  If so, check them in and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +3

No, there are no files checked out.