userProfileLookup - #Value! error

Badge +3

I am a new user to Nintex so sorry if this is a simple problem.

I am trying to use the userProfileLookup tool to output the current user details (department, title etc) in a Nintex 2013 form.

I am using the Calculated Value form with the formula: userProfileLookup({Common:CurrentUser},"Department") . When I actually view the form all I get is #Value! in the field.

I know that that formula should work because I have used it as a Form Variable and loaded it from a Workflow.

Thanks for the help

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Take a look at this >>> Nintex Forms 2013 - Release Notes

It seems to be solved on the 2.3.2.0 version

Badge +3

Hi Fernando. Thanks for the quick reply.

I've had a look and I'm on version 2.5.0.0.

edit:

Here are my full specs:

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Sharepoint Server 2013 (15.0.4569.1506)

Nintex Forms 2013 2.5.0.0

Nintex Workflow 2013 3.1.2.0

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Josh,

You mentioned getting user details with the userProfileLookup runtime function.  Are you able to use the formula to successfully get other values (such as PreferredName)?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Which version of SharePoint do you have (Foundation, Standard, Enterprise) ?

With SharePoint Foundation there's no user profile service and the userProfileLookup function can't work.

Badge +3

I am using SharePoint Server with Standard Client Access License.

Badge +3

I have been working through this issue with Nintex support. We have not solved it yet but we are under the assumption that the issue is a result of a separate error message that occurs when trying to change the "Connected to" dropdown (see image).nintex-error.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Have you tried drag 'n dropping a new calculated field onto the form (one that is not connected to anything) to see if you get different behavior?  Also have you tried hard-coding a value instead of Current User variable just to see if you are getting results?   Lastly, confirm that Department has a valid value for the user you are trying to query upon.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +3

So I think I have finally solved this issue. It was a strange fix but in the scheme of things should have been something that was set up when we set up Sharepoint.

Basically there was no site collection at the root level (http://sharepoint.domain). The only site collection was at http://sharepoint.domain/sites/sitename. Once I created the root site all the problems (both Javascript and userProfileLookup) went away.

Thanks for the help guys.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks Josh for getting back several month later to post the solution. 
That was that in my case, love you !

Badge +6

Just got referred to this issue by a user. In my case it was incorrect input. User would not be found due to single backslash removed by value parser, so domainuser turned into domainuser that never existed. Another issue was that item property was not yet populated, so changing the input to the appropriate named control solved the issue. 

Badge

Hi,

I have been surfing through this nintex issue of fetching display name using userProfileup,and have followed al the different combinations but still I am getting value as #Value!

@bamaeric wrote:

Hi Josh,

You mentioned getting user details with the userProfileLookup runtime function.  Are you able to use the formula to successfully get other values (such as PreferredName)?