Unable to find list to create an item in

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm trying to upload a document thru Nintex Workflow in SharePoint 2016, however I immediately get an error message that says the Workflow was stopped unexpectedly due to this fault : Create Site Specific Item Activity Unable to find list to create an item in.

Any suggestions on what I could do to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Nora

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Please, paste a screenshot of the action's configuration. That would be useful helping you in solving your problem happy.png

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +1

hi Tomasz,

the workflow was not created by me, and it seems that our local ITs are not getting anywhere either.

I'm not sure I can get to configuration, but this is what I have. will it be helpful enough?

it basically stops on the Audit Log.

Thanks again,

Nora

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is it possible you go into edit mode and send details on how the "Audit log" action is configured? Unfortunately what you posted doesn't help much sad.png

Maybe the list name for the Auditing is passed as a parameter, ex. from some sort of a configuration lists? Maybe there is some mapping, and for a specific rule it cannot be resolved? 

Is it possible that you edit and republish the workflow? If so - check how that action is configured, what list related data it uses and log it into workflow history before the action is executed to be sure, that data used by the action is correct.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +1

hi Tomasz,

I just went into the Edit mode as you suggested, and this is the configuration of the Audit log.

Does this help you more?

Sorry I'm brand new to nintex workflow..

Nora

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Be sure, that there is a Document Audit Log in the site indicated by the "Web URL" variable, and that the user, who is executing the workflow (so in whose context the workflow is running), has sufficient rights to WRITE to that list.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +1

hi Tomasz,

this is actually what I found out when looking more into the settings, that I wasn't given the permission for the Document Audit Log.

now I do and the issue is solved.

thanks a lot for your time and help.

good weekend.

Nora

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'm glad I could have helped you. Please mark any from the answers as "Correct" so that others will know there is a verified solution inside!

Thanks! Regards, Tomasz