Nintex Workflow Size?

• 19 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello All!

I have been reading mixed reviews about Nintex workflow size. I am having strange things happen and I think it's because of the size of my workflow but I am unsure of how to reduce the size and give users what they want. The strange things include: Not saving, error saying "Out of Memory" or "Undefined", branches switching locations, things randomly changing on my flexi task form, etc.

My workflow is pretty simple. Users are assigned a task with "Flexi Task" or "Request Review". I want the users to review the entire form (and in some cases, make changes) plus add additional data as needed. So what I did is I exported my form and then imported it into the flexi tasks. The form does have some show/hide panels but no JavaScript. Does importing the form to the flexi tasks dramatically increase the size of the workflow??? How can I get around this if that is the case?

Below are my specs:

SharePoint list size: 135 Columns

Number of Workflow Actions: 55 Actions (8 are flexi tasks, and the rest are starting other workflows/setting a status field/etc)

Workflow size when I go to "export": 9.25 MB (is there any other way to see how big a workflow is? Is that the most accurate way?)

How do people keep their workflow at the recommend 500KB?!

3 replies

Badge +9

Create the form in one FlexiTask action and then copy this action when You need a new Task. Copied actions are using same form, so modifications need to be made only once.

Use Workflow Analyzer Version 1.4.0.36 Released  from to check Your workflows.

Badge +1

I did do this. Used one task then copied and made changes to the form as needed (depending on role depends on what extra data users will contribute).

I used the workflow analyzer and my workflow size is 9,479Kb. Sigh.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you try to export task form and check to see how it is on its own?