CSS to format the background of a multi line text box and a people picker

• 10 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have recently been asked to style some required fields in a form with some custom css on a nintex form.  Essentially we want for any field that we mark as required the actual text field (not the area around it) will be highlighted with a certain color.  I've been able to do this for all of the controls with the exception of multiline text box. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Badge +1

Good morning,

The exact part that's causing the issue is which element I should be targeting with my css.  I have tried to create a unique css class to set the background that doesn't seem to work.  It works fine for the area around the control but because I'm wanting to format the text entry portion it doesn't seem to like what I've done.  This is the css I have used for the single line and the choice fields. I've tried using the textarea element and that only seems to impact the people picker.

.requiredText input[type=text] {  color: #2F5597 !important; background-color:#FFFFCD !important;}

.requiredSelect select {  color: #2F5597 !important; background-color:#FFFFCD !important;}

Thanks again for looking at this with me

Badge +1

Thank you so much, you made my morning.  That's exactly what I needed.  Thanks again