How to get one list to create new item in 2nd list with SharePoint 2013 with Nintex

Badge +1

I have List A and List B.  When List A is saved/submitted, I would like a workflow to create a new item in List B and pull some of the fields from List A into List B.  I would also like the owner of List B to be notified of the new item in List B.  

5 replies

Badge +9

What issue are you experiencing?

- Workflow on list A which triggers on new item

- Workflow action to "create list item" in list B, save new list item id in variable, add all the fields you wish to populate in List B

- Workflow action to send notification to list B owner with a hyperlink to new item using the itemid saved to a varaible

Badge +1

The issue is simply that I don't know how to get list A, when saved, to create new item in list B that auto populates some fields from list A.

Badge +9

ok great, you've come to the right place, make sure Nintex Workflows is all up and running and activated then follow my steps above!

Badge +1

@Warwick Thanks for comments; question: List A has choice field that if set to Yes would initiate the workflow.  Not all items added into List A should trigger the workflow and new item in List B. I'm not sure how to set that nuance.

Badge +9
Ok no worries, you can either set the starting trigger for modified to a condition rather than striaght yes/no, so it would be start if Choice=Yes.

Of you could set the start trigger to Yes, and then as an IF action in the workflow check if Choice=Yes and if yes do the actions in the IF action