Not applicable

How to monitor Nintex workflows and live actions

Hi folks,

from time to time, I discover that my workflows just stopped working: emails stops from being sent, live actions are stucked, etc. this is terrible because I've wrote workflows to take care of some business problems and I just realize that the workflows are not working after we miss some important time schedule that the workflow should handle by himself.

I Know that the emails not been sent problem can happen in many points of the environment. Is there a check list that could be automated somehow to prevent this kind off problems?

the Nintex live stops working is very weird: Nintex live actions are stucked, forms published at live stops to send information and so on. To make it work again we need to reset Sharepoint. How can we monitor this kind of service?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
alexjolynintex
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: How to monitor Nintex workflows and live actions

Hi Marcelo,

In the enterprise version of Nintex workflow you have the report part that provides you a set of reports to govern your workflows. One of them is the "Errored workflows" that shows you all the workflows  that are not working well.

errorWF.JPG

If you click on one of them you will get the error described

errorWF2.JPG

You will have to manually check this report to see whenever there is a new errored report or not

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Alexandre JOLY

That´s the problem. The workflows don´t get on error state. They just get stucked in the live actions or just don´t send the emails. How to monitor stucked workflows?

0 Kudos
alexjolynintex
Design Canvas Artiste

Have you always faced this behavior or is it something that happened only recently?

if it's only recently that those slow downs happens, it may be dued to an overload of the queue list on Live.

We have a team that monitor thoses queues and if there is a problem on that, they will take care of it.

How long your tasks remain stucked?

It this is a problem that happens quite often, it's maybe another problem for which you should contact the support team.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Alexandre JOLY,

this is something that happens from time to time since I started to use Nintex Live. The actions remains stucked for days, without returning any error. I wish I could have some kind of SLA on live actions (eg. if takes more than 3 hours, return with error) or any kind of way to monitor stucked workflows.

Is this a problem for support?

0 Kudos