How to work with Completed processes programmatically?

• 26 October 2005
  • 2 replies

Badge +4
I need to build some reports. These reports should pull up the log-in user's processes instances (active and completed), listing some information from the processinstance datafield.

If the instance is still active, it can be done programmactically from WorkListItem of K2ROM. But if the item is already completed, then WorkListItem of K2ROM won't work.

So I am considering these options:
1. Build reports using K2 FilterService for reports. It lists both active and completed processes, but it seems that it can only list a fixed set of columns such as folio, start date, end date... , does not show the processinstance datafield.

2. Keep the process alive till the end of the year. So that I can use WorkListItem to retrieve processinstance data and build reports.

3. Or is there a way in k2 to work with COMPLETED processes programmatically?

2 replies

Badge +11
Please refer to: http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?p=2327#2327
Badge +1

I need something similar to this.  I would like to be able to have a custom asp.net form that shows a grid of all processes in the system (completed and active).  If the process is finished i would like it to show that it is completed, and if the process is active, i would like to display the current activity.

Is there someway to retrieve a list of all processes (both complete and active) using the k2 api?

Thanks!