multiple condition or/and relationship trouble

• 23 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, this is my 1st Post here :-)

I m struggling on set up multiple conditions on a panel I m trying to disable. Straight forward with InfoPath, but seems not with Nintex. There are 3 text boxes(single line string):

Textbox1, Textbox2, Textbox3, What I m trying to achieve is:

If Textbox1 doesn't equal to Textbox2 in Edit mode, disable the panel

OR

If Textbox1 doesn't equal to Textbox3, disable the panel

1st attempt:

I made it with formula under condition as this:

textbox1!=Textbox2 && is edit mode || textbox1!=textbox3

Didn't work. Panel got disabled regardless.

So I was thinking the And/or relationship must be messed up. Let's try it without edit mode, so for

the 2nd attempt, my goal was if Textbox1 doesn't equal to Textbox2 or Textbox3, disable the panel.

textbox1!=Textbox2 || textbox1!=textbox3

Still didn't work, Panel got disabled regardless

That's annoying, I started imaging might be something wrong with the field itself.

3rd attempt, I took the "||" and "&&" off, just to prove nothing wrong with the fields.

Textbox1!=Textbox2 Worked.

Textbox1!=Textbox3 Worked.

But it is not what I want, something about the "and/or" I m not getting it right. I don't have any other business rule on the panel. Any guru here can help? I v been researching online for a while. None of them quite fit into my scenario. Thanks a lot in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

What happens when you use this formula instead?

or(textbox1!=Textbox2 && IsEditMode, textbox1!=textbox3)

Badge +1

Thanks, Enrico

No, didn't work, both disabled regardless.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Maybe the problem is that the first part also validates to true if textbox2 is empty (in this case the value of textbox1 is still different to textbox2). So maybe this helps?

or(not(isNullOrEmpty(textbox2)) && (textbox1!=Textbox2 && IsEditMode), not(isNullOrEmpty(textbox3)) && textbox1!=textbox3)