Need more information on how Nintex Forms are attached to ListTemplates

Badge +9

I'm in the process of scripting some complicated moves with Lists, Nintex Form Templates, Nintex Workflows, Site Columns, Content Types and Lookup Fields from our Dev Environment to multiple staging environments and finally to production.

I'm trying to understand when I create a ListTemplate (stp file from List Settings), how does it attach the form?  I noticed after installing the template on a new Site collection and creating a list from the template.  The List correctly displayed the form template.  I had not yet even activated the Site Collection Features for Nintex Forms and Workflows and there was no library under  site/NintexForms/Forms/AllItems.aspx. 

Where did it store that form? in the Schema? Is that form dependent on being able to access the forms library on my original site?

I'm also contemplating--since I can't template all my libraries because I am going to have to add lookup fields to some of them when they get to a new site--coping templates from  site/NintexForms/Forms/AllItems.aspx on my original site and changing data to point to a new list on my new site.

Nothing on SharePoint is easy when your dealing with Site Column, Content Types, Lookup fields, Nintex Forms, and Nintex Workflows.

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

Is this any help to you? The Visual Studio Post Deployment Script For Nintex Workflows & Forms

Jan

Badge +9

Thanks Jan.

There is something in his scripts of use but I can't quite use what he has at this time. Although some of his scripts will be useful in our installation.

I need to understand why the Nintex Forms got copied sometimes when I created and restored from a List Template  (.stp) and sometimes they didn't.

I've also located a forms library under a site when Nintex List Forms are used  under the path /site/NintexForms/Forms/Allitems.aspx. I could possibly use this to copy forms. It seems the entries pertain to the List they were created on.

I'm kind of in the middle with some knowledge but not quite what I need yet to implement my solution.

Badge +7

Hi,

Not sure why it works sometimes and not others but I'd have a go at activating all the Nintex features before doing anything else and see if that helps.

This PowerShell script may be useful, https://community.nintex.com/message/17571#comment-17571 . If you look at the reply from Alexandre Joly he's posted a link that has PowerShell scripts to do deployment on Nintex features as well as workflows and forms. It's using the NfRestService.svc to publish forms, which I haven't used before, but there are a few articles on the community, Publish a Form Using the Nintex Forms On Prem 2013 Web Service

I'll be having a go with this myself!

Jan

Badge +9

Turns out my form was delivered with the Template (stp). It just wasn't published. Not quite sure I understand why on some form templates the Nintex form is published but not on others. Was I holding my mouth wrong when I created the List Template?