Starting a workflow on a document set that contains default documents

• 12 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

We have a list that has a Nintex workflow that creates a document set. The document set has five documents that are automatically populated once a set has been created. We have a workflow that is set to start once an item is added to the document set library. The idea was that it would only run on the document set. The problem is the workflow starts on the document set and each of the documents. Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks,

Shane

5 replies

Badge +16

Could you wrap your entire workflow in a "Run if" action configured to look at the content type = Document Set?

Badge +2

Thats a great idea but I cant seem to find Document Set as one of the options. See below.

192004_pastedImage_3.png

Badge +16

you just type the name of the content type.  you should be able to see the name of the content type for your document set in your library settings page?

Badge +2

I was able to find it thanks. I am working with someone on this project and they changed the name of the document set. Sometimes it is the easiest answer but you just cant seem to find it. Thanks again.

Badge +16

Ah I am glad you found it.  please mark the answer as correct to close out the thread.  happy.png