Process Overview blank

Badge +2

I have development environment and recently I've deployed new Workflow to the Dev Server.

When I want to see "Process Overview" report to see what part of my workflow went wrong , the "Process Overview" report is empty.

I've seen other thread to put the K2 workspace website to "Compability View Setting" , but this doesn't work.

My development environment is :

- K2 Blackpearl 4.6.8

- Windows Server 2008 SP2

- SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (for development purpose)

Please help me.

Thank you.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

In 4.7 Wokspace is unreliable, i often experience blank main screen when clicking any of the items.

Only workaround i found was to use a difference browser like Firefox

Badge +10

Make sure the account you're trying to view the report with has View permissions otherwise the Process Overview report would be blank like you describe.

Badge +2

I haven't use 4.7 version.

As I wrote above thread , I'm still using 4.6.8

Badge +2

I used "Admin" permission both on K2 , Windows and SQL Server.

I even use "SysAdmin" role on SQL Server but still no luck.

Badge +10

You said you have Admin permissions at the workflow server level but do you have admin or view permissions at the process level?  If you don't then you will not see any reports.  If you do have Admin or View permissions at the process level then I'd focus on browser issues.

Badge +2

Yes , I'm sure that I have "View" rights for the Process Server.

I've attached Screenshots (SS) for my K2 Workspace.

I've edited the image to hide certain details :)

1. JPG is the SS for the process rights in the server.

I'm using "k2service" user for the admin server.

Notice that I've included "View" rights in the selection.

2.JPG is the SS for the server rights in the server.

"k2service" user is also get the rights for Local Administrator in Windows Server.

This user also get rights as dbo owner for K2 database.

3.JPG is the test instance for dev workflow.

The folio for instance is "pmtest3"

4.JPG is the "Process Overview" report.

Notice that report is blank.

It should have "pmtest3" data in the report yet it shows no data.

Maybe I should elaborate some details about the server before this happens :

I've upgraded this K2 Dev Server from 4.6.8 (still normal , the reports shows the data) to 4.6.11.

But because some workflow is incompatible with the new version (4.6.11) , so we decided to downgrade the server to 4.6.8 again.

I've backup the K2 database and erased the K2 website from IIS.

The downgrade process showing no error (success) and I'm using new database (new 4.6.8 version) instead from the backup database (upgraded 4.6.11 version)

We've migrated manually from Workflows and Smartobjects and deployed it manually.

And now the 4.6.8 server having this problem.

The workflow and the smartobject working just fine.

Just "Process Overview" report is not showing any data.

Maybe it's not related , but I've seen something interesting :

When I login to the server with the user that have the rights to do the action with the worklist item , I realized that I can see the flow and Datafields with the worklist

item.

When I clicked the "View Flow" item , the console for the K2 Server show me this log : 

"The user xxxxx don't have rights to View Flow"

And I know for sure this user has the "Admin" and "View" rights.

For the browser , I'm using IE9 as the OS (Windows Server 2008 SP2)  cannot support IE10 or IE11.

And I'm sure it's not the Browser problem as it works normally before.

16383iCFF36E4B977CAA71.jpg
14275iA1B5E4002A2F5C25.jpg
15688i6447E2194E5C112E.jpg
16913i2674C6BC0B7F1A76.jpg
Badge +10

You're right, that you have the necessary permissions.  The screen shots really helps.

If you run the SmartObject Tester Tool and execute the Workflow Reports/Workflow General/Process Instance SmartObject does it give you the report information?  I suspect it will.

From the screenshots it doesn't look like a browser problem that people would normally experience.  I'm wondering if the IIS site was not recreated correctly.  Possibly running through the setup and reconfiguring the server might help.  Or run the Configuration Analysis first and see if that sheds any light on what the issue may be.

Regards,

Tim

Badge +9

Hi,

Pls check for  Reporting Services  Account, this account is used by  Reporting Services application pool (called ReportServer).

Probably this account will be already exists in your environment, but pls make sure your permissions are correct for  K2 integration with Reporting Services to functions properly.

Also check forApplication pool rights.

Badge +2

First of all , Merry Christmas to you :)

I just ran the Smartobject that you asked for , and the result is blank.

At first , I suspect there are some mis-configuration for Smartobject Service.

I saw at the "Event Viewer" Windows , and there are some error for the "Service Object" for "Workflow Reporting" login.

I edit the "Service Instance" using "K2 Setup Manager" and using "Integrated Security" login for the database (before that I used "SQL User Login" , not the "Windows Integrated Security Login") , and we got no error at the "K2 Configuration Analysis".

But no luck :(

The Smartobject still show blank result hence the "Process Overview" report still blank.

Maybe it's time to pull the plug and re-create the whole dev server from scratch :|

Badge +2

Hi Kran , 

I'm not using "Report Server Service Integration" for the K2 Server.

But even I added the "Report Server Service" from the "K2 Setup Manager" , it still shows blank data.

And I'm sure the Application Pool using the right user as I only can login and remote to the server using just one user.