Setting the destination user to be the originator's manager

• 30 April 2008
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

I'm sure this is really simple but am not getting a reponse on it from K2 support. I have an InfoPath client event and I am trying to set the destination user to be the originator's manager, by going into the Workflow Context Browser, going to Process Instance -> Originator -> Manager. I know this field retrieves the correct information because I can drop it into an e-mail body and it will show the manager's account name in the e-mail. However when I use it in the destination user field the workflow will error with ’Invalid URI: The URI is empty’. Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or how I can set the destination user to be the originator's manager?

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +7

Hello Pirate,

I'm not sure if this help you but I know this message. I get this message (nearly always) if I had made changes on the InfoPath Form - in my case it helps to click throw the InfoPath Client Event - I think K2 loose something by refreshing the Form. The InfoPath Client Event looks good but it seems necessary to save it new.

Anja

Badge +3

We are getting the same error on our processes. It seems to happen intermittently on processes - once someone has submitted the form and it completes it's destination, it assigns the correct user, but they can't see the item in their worklist and the process errors. The only thing we've found that resolves the issue (temporarily) is to remove and add the Infopath event. Obviously this is not a viable fix.

Any thoughts?