Workflow action \Update Item\" unable to configure?"

• 11 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Using On Prem Nintex Workflow 2013

When trying to edit an "Update Item" action after it has fields configured and saved, I am then unable to open it again. It just hangs... Has anyone else experienced this? Have found workarounds for any other issue but I need this to work

List A workflow creates item in List B

List B workflow starts and updates item in List A

Configure Action - Update Item

This is as far as I can get. I can save this and reopen the action until I start adding in fields to update.

Will post back if I resolve.

Cheers

4 replies

Badge +16

how long are you waiting for it to open?  I have found sometimes I have to wait an unreasonable amount of time and start panicking that my configuration is lost.  the support guy I spoke to the other day says this happens to him aswell!

Badge +8

Have you tried pausing for a period of time? Sometimes it takes a few minutes for everything to sync up.

Badge +2

Hey thanks for the replies.

It would timeout with the "webpage is not responding".  It does seem that the configuration is kept but I can't edit or view how it is configured. I'll have a look into it today and see if I can't figure it out.

Badge +2

Simple Fix - User error

Well that is embarrassing and would also explain it.. I use Chrome as it is quicker and everything except for the update items action works well.

I am using Nintex Workflow 2013.

Amazing that everything else seems to work in chrome. I'll be using IE to edit these from now on.

Thanks again for your time it is much appreciated!

Nintex Workflow for SharePoint (2010 and 2013 and 2016)

Nintex Workflow 2016

Design and runtime

To design and run Nintex Workflows.

• We support IE10, IE11 and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge

Nintex Workflow 2013

Design and runtime

To design and run Nintex Workflows.

• We support IE8.x, however IE9 and above is recommended