Solved

How to get the value from the previous list item to pull into my new form?

• 29 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I am working on a form that has a balance at the end of it with a field called " End Balance". When the form is saved it creates a list item. I want to bring the "End Balance" value from my previous list item into my new item in a new form as the starting balance is this possible and just keep repeating this process.

I have tried using a calculated control in the form using the lookup run time function but was not able to get that to work. 

icon

Best answer by gwpeters 30 August 2018, 20:56

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Hey Gary,

Unless I'm mistaken, you have a form that starts with a certain balance (lets say 0 to start), and when finished, it has a new "Ending Total" lets say 100. You want to have the user who opens the form next to have the Starting Balance be 100, and then when finished he will have a different Ending Total (most likely). Then you want that ending total to appear as the starting balance the next time a user enters a total, etc.

You could simply create a new 2nd list called "Running Balance" and populate it with 1 field "Current Balance". Then have a workflow run that simply takes the Ending Balance value from the current list item and adds it to the "Current Balance" value of the other list. Then, all you need to do is configure your Nintex Form Starting Balance value to be equal to the "Current Balance" value of the 2nd list. I hope that made sense, if you have more questions please let me know, I have accomplished this several ways, some low-tech like mentioned above, others with more complex JS or code executed at Runtime to determine the "Starting Balance"> Hope I understood your question and this answer was helpful.

Cheers,

Alex

Badge +4

I used a calculated control with this formula to accomplish this. 

lookup("List Name","ID",max(lookup("List Name","Item Child Count","0","ID",true)),"List Column ")

Changing "List Name" To match your list  and "List Column" to match the column you want to pull your info from.  

Nintex Support helped me with this formula. 

Badge +2
@gwpeters,

Thanka a lot.This helped me a lot.