Panel Spacing and Hiding

Badge +5

Folks,

Like to get some guidance and/or pointers. I have a form that hides panels based on option selected. The panels hides, so I know the rule validation is working. I have read and done the issues on spacing issues, so this should not be the issue.

When I select an option the appropriate panel shows. BUT..... on form load there "seems" to be a space holder. If I cycle through the options again then the panels also move. I am throwing my arms up as I have redid the form, delete removed the fields and panels and rules.

Hopefully this image gives better meaning to my thought process.

I can only think if this is a CSS issue, but I have not had this issue with other forms and hiding panels. The CSS is default other than the CSS added for spacing. Only this form is having this issue. I have been waiting for my admins to reboot the server and also wondering if this is one of those random glitches.

Field SHift

11 replies

Badge +10

Hi Pete,

Can you post the design screen?

Badge +5

I believe you are asking for this?

I would presume (as with my other forms), that each panel would "slide" into place when option is selected base on Compliment/Complaint/Escalation, but that is what is not happening.

Field Shift Design

Badge +10

It will not work in this way, once a control (submitter name) in taking a row other control will not push or slide to that row.

If should be ok if you follow the below picture (not complete)

203338_pastedImage_1.png

Here you can hide/show these three panel controls. Here the submitter control is duplicated. The form basic rule is if a control is hidden the value will not be save to the list. So the control which is visible will be saved to the list. Means you can connect the all three to the submitter to the same field.

Badge +5

I want to make sure I have the same perception.

The "Submitter Name" is a Label and is duplicated in all 3 panels, is that correct?

The "Received by" is the input field and those have to be 3 different inputs connected to the same list item, is that correct?

Because my "Submitter Name" panel and fields are not having the issue but rather the fields for:

Compliment Received By , Complaint Received By, and Escalation Received by.

I have 3 different labels and 1 same input field duplicated  in 3 different panels.

Update....10mins later

I think the light bulb went off... I need to have the panel stretch the entire form

So I will have Submitter Label and input  as well as Compliment Label an in put in one panel

then duplicate Submitter Label and input as well as Complaint Label and input in another panel

and finally duplicate Submitter Label and input as well as Escalation Label and input in the final panel.

Again All three panels under one another stretching full form width.

I will try this in AM when I get back to work... will let ya know

Badge +10

Exactly , you have to stretch it full horizontally, and manage the controls accordingly. 

Badge +5

So it did and did not work. Seems to still be holding a place holder.

The 2nd image, form reloaded, still has what seems to be the place holder the same height as the panels of the Submitter and panel with Priority in it.

3rd and 4th image do what should have been doing in the being, "slide" into place, but still has the place holder. Which I think is the panel with priority in it (can't be certain, suppose I could move it down and test).

5th image the panel with submitter and compliment seem to drop down due to a place holder from the panel with submitter and escalation as well as a place holder for the panel with priority.

So, as long winded as that was. I am still having a "place holder/spacing" issue

New Design

New Reload 01New 02

New 03

rechoose compliment

Badge +5

Update **

Using 's suggestion I still needed to remove the enitre panels and publish form. Then recreate the Panels again with new rules and publish. Something was seriously messed up that just "majically" corrected itself by doing this update.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Pete, glad you were able to resolve this problem. Would you mind marking an answer as correct if it's all set? This helps others in the community find answers to similar issues happy.png

Badge +10

When you use hide and show make sure all the controls are in a panel.

It will get messed up otherwise. Put everything in the panel even the option buttons. There shouldn't be any control floating on the form except panel control.

Badge +5

They were. I even moved the controls off and back in to make sure, but that was not working. I don't know what it was that removing and publish then readd and publish fixed this time opposed to the last dozen times I had done it.

Badge +10

Sometimes it is better to take out all the controls from the panel and delete the panel, create a new panel and add the controls back.

Make sure it is grading out when you drop the controls back to the panel.