Multiple Nintex Forms for a list?

• 18 November 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi Guys,

With Nintex Forms, is there a way of creating more than one form that you can present to the user depending on a status.

The question is in the same list item, I want to have a reduced form that will require minimum fields to be completed and then submitted and once submitted be able to open up other fields for editing.

In InfoPath the functionality was called Views. You could create design views and with a load rule I could redirect users to a specific form which is required when the item is new but when it is in editing I could then send the users to a new form.

Thank you

Regards

Bhuti

4 replies

Badge +3

You can create one form per content type on any given list.

To get a reduced form/simplified form, try setting the visible expression on fields. You can set Visible to Expression and then use a variety of different things (an Item's Status field, the common properties Is Display Mode, Is New Mode, Is Edit Mode).

If you have entire sections of the form to hide, setting the expression on a Panel Control, and adding controls to the panel will make this process faster and easier to maintain.

Badge +6

Thank you Andrew, I will try this. It looks like I will have to do a lot more coding than I had in InfoPath. The other thing I do is create a menu for my forms which has different buttons that react accordingly.

Badge +6

I actually found the answer in one of Vadim Tabakman Videos. That is exactly what I wanted to do. What is nice is that Nintex will close the white space that has no control, that's number one for me.

Here is the link of the video http://youtu.be/G0cbjb2wwWE

Regards

Bhuti

Badge +6

Hi Anthony

Thank you for the response. The panels are very useful but one thing that I still have to master is if you showing and hiding panels making sure that there is no white space left.

I find that a big problem as well when you hide a panel you get left with a white space.

Regards

Bhuti