K2 Designer edit form missing

• 31 October 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi, after an upgrade from smartforms 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 and blackpoint 4.6.6 to 4.6.8, the K2 Designer no longer shows the edit, checkin options and only allow run and run with parameters

The license type for smartforms is RunTime, any suggestions about why is this happening?.

Thanx.

angel

7 replies

Badge +9

Have you tried running the repair from the set up manager?

Badge +1

Sure, i ran repair, even uninstall and reinstall and the behavior is the same. i also have a runtime license for smartforms not sure if there is another type of license that allows smartforms edit.

-------

Angel

Badge +9

Given that you've just upgraded and that I can see your environment, it's possible that this form is using a smart object that is referencing a table that no longer exists (due to upgrade) last time I saw that, remaking the table resolved the issue. Important note if youplan to look at this idea, back up the db before you make any changes.

Badge +1

Hi, in the attached file you can see how is displayed the designer for me, i'm in a development environment, is this the same problem you found previously?.

Note the missing add new view and add new form. Could be somewhat related with security?.

12273iA87C55CCFF2C37D4.jpg
Badge +7

Hey Angel,

So a similar issue has happened to some other people too in the past. It was resolved by using the correct developer license. You could make sure that you have a License for both 'Runtime' and 'Design time.' 

Badge +1

I'm working right now with a development license for k2 blackpearl and a runtime k2 smartforms, our user  only have runtime smartforms in their licensing scheme, should i upgrade to a blackpearl production license or exists another smartforms (not runtime ) available?.

angel

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

Development Licenses only allows the K2 service to run in console mode and as such does not allow K2 to run as a windows service since only one developer is expected to use the system. Please refer to the following documentation for more information: http://help.k2.com/en/kb000473.aspx

You mentioned that you are using a "Runtime license" , this license will not allow you to createdesignedit forms etc.
In order to be able to design you will need to get a "Smartforms user license" which can be requested through the Portal site and then apply the license via workspace or the setup manager thereafter perform an iisreset and restart the K2 Service.

https://portal.k2.com/

Kind Regards,

Raymond