Workflow error - too many arguments specified

• 23 September 2014
  • 15 replies

Badge +8

Hi guys,

I'm having the following error:

"Failed to start workflow. Procedure or function CreateWorkflowInstance has too many arguments specified."

Anyone an idea how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Glenda

15 replies

Badge +11

You have to provide more details. What is the first action of the workflow? Provide any more information you think that may be helpful.

Badge +8

Burkslm,

The first action is sending an e-mail notification. But as my workflow seems to fail to start (regarding the error) I guess the action does not even matter.

On a different environment it works just fine, so the workflow (actions) aren't a problem.

Badge +11

It could possibly fail to start if you can't send emails in that environment. Is this workflow on a list, site or library?

Badge +11

A way to check email is working properly is go to your document library and try to email one of the items. If that works, it isn't the email but something in the workflow.

Badge +8

My e-mail is working fine, I already checked it. I'm not sure if the error comes from within the workflow. I was just demoing how Nintex WF works during a training, on an environment I used multiple times already to do this. My workflow:

wf error.JPG

Badge +11

What version of Nintex do you have? Did you have 2007 and convert to 2010?

Badge +8

Why would you think that? It is just Nintex Workflow 2013. No 'conversions' of other versions.

We recently upgraded Nintex WF to the latest build because we installed SharePoint SP1.

Badge +11

I seen something on the internet where someone got the same error when running a workflow after converting from 2007 to 2010. And Emily had given them the solution.

Badge +11

This is the link to that post. Scroll to the bottom and it tells what they had to do. I'm not saying you have to do this but its funny you both upgraded.

http://oldconnect.nintex.com/forums/thread/18523.aspx

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

have you upgraded also Nintex Database after Nintex WF upgrade?

I've encountered the same problem in a farm where database upgrade was not executed after Nintex update

Giacomo

Badge +11

This was the bug I was referring to.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

But you can do the upgrade also from Central Administration and not only with NWAdmin.exe

Badge

HI Glenda,

Seems your Nintex Workflow database is not updated. Go to CA > Ninex Workflow Management > 'Database Setup' and check whether a new db version is available to update.

Thanks,

Abaid

Badge +8

Thanks for all your responses guys!

Stupid first-time upgrading mistake :-) DB upgrade did the trick.

Badge +6

Brilliant! This saved me a lot of headache!