espradli
Scout

How to display photo of a people or group column set to show field Name (with picture and details)

Jump to solution

LOOKS GREAT ON THE LIST, NOT ON THE FORM. HOW DO I GET THE PICTURE TO DISPLAY??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
burkslm
Novice

Re: How to display photo of a people or group column set to show field Name (with picture and details)

Jump to solution

Weird. Its almost like it can't find it.

christopheraucq

Re: How to display photo of a people or group column set to show field Name (with picture and details)

Jump to solution

Hi Emily,

I have tried in O365.

I am able to display my user profile picture on a Web Part but with the same url, it does not display in the Nintex form.

The root cause can be that the Nintex form is displayed from another domain as Nintex is using a different domain. (In the url, there is a number)

If you are on-Premise, maybe it applies also from a different way.

I have found this article, maybe it can help you.

Regards,

Christophe

christopheraucq

Jump to solution

Hi Emily,

This is a Powershell Script that needs to be run by an Admin on the Server if they agree.

Regards,

Christophe

christopheraucq

Jump to solution

If this is still not solving the issue, you should contact Nintex Support if they do not need to do something on their side as well. It will help everybody in this community, I believe.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I've been thinking about this one.

When using standard SharePoint list forms the selection box doesn't show the images, EVEN if the field definition within the list for that item is for People with image.  Once you select a name (example, tjones) within the chooser, it just shows the name (domain user).  It doesn't show the image. Then when you close the form and view the list, there is the image in the list.

So...

The behavior when selecting using a Nintex form appears to mirror the behavior when selecting using a SharePoint native form.  It seems like this is core behavior for the SP environment forms.

This may mean we (I needed this too) are out of luck for a simple solution, and would need someone to cobble us together a more sophisticated solution that can extract the proper image based on the person selected in the field.  Beyond my know-how.

TJ

eharris04
Collaborator

Jump to solution

I haven't tried this, but I would guess you could use REST to query the UPS potentially to pull back the image.

You may be able to use REST to also query the user name, take the name and inject that into a Web Service call to retrieve the image from the mysite as well. Very tricky indeed and may not be worthwhile.

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

Is it in SharePoint OnPremise 2010 or 2013 or SharePoint Online?

espradli
Scout

Jump to solution

2013 On Premise Plus Nintex 2013 Workflows & Forms with the most recent updated versions.

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

I've tested on my environment and everything is working.

Are there JavaScript errors on the page ?