Migration SharePoint 2007 to 2007

• 16 February 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi Team,

I am new to Nintex Product. One of our customer have heavily used SharePoint 2007 Nintex Tool . Now they are planning to migrate on premise version to SharePoint 2007 Cloud. We are planning to use Database backup restore mechanism for SharePoint Content Databases.

Can you please help in understanding on how to perform below actions:

• How to identify the configurations made in Nintex?
  • How can I know how many workflows are created, running, stopped?
  • How can I know how complex a workflow can be?
  • How can I migrate those workflows as-is to the target environment?
  • Will the workflow history be retained in the destination?
  • Should I re-create all workflows in destinations environment?
  • Apart from workflow, what else can be configured using Nintex 2007. How to identify

Basically I am looking for a guide on helping me in understanding the existing environment and migrating to different environment but of the same version.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello sowjanyam‌ - welcome to the community!

I'm a bit confused by this part: "migrate on premise version to SharePoint 2007 Cloud" -- there is no such thing as "SharePoint 2007 Cloud". Do you mean to say that you are migrating from 2007 on-prem to SharePoint Online (O365) ?

This will help us to answer your question -- but you have a lot of different questions here! I'll try once I know more about the environment.

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +9

An option depending on Support level agreement from Nintex Support, is to reach out to that team for a migration guidance sessions.

There are a lot of questions above which will be difficult to cover without writing a novel of a response.

Badge +1

Thanks for the response. Existing FARM to be migrated to new SharePoint 2007 on premise FARM (PASS Environment).

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Do you mean you are going to migrate your 2007 on prem farm to another 2007 farm on a hosted service like Azure?

Badge +1

Yes Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

OK, I haven't done a migration of the Nintex platform before, I believe though, that a database lift and shift would do the job, since all the configurations and history is stored within the Nintex DB.

Perhaps we could get one of the Nintex tech guys to confirm their approach to this. 

Can you help here?

Badge +5

Yes this would be one approach. You can also find powershell commands in the Nintex Workflow extensions tool, Nintex Workflow Administration (NWAdmin.exe). You can find the reference guide for the tool in User Assistance Help. In addition, Eric Harris‌ recently published a white paper, "Successfully Migrate Your Nintex Workflows"that you can find in the Nintex Partner Portal. Thanks! Matt

Badge +1

Thanks for the replies. Hope the same approach can be used for migrating Nintex Reporting databases e.g.., SP_P_NintexReportingWSSReportCacheAndConfig
SP_P_NintexReportingWSSDW

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If you found that one of these answers helped you out, can you please mark it as correct?