Apply multiple line of text to Update Document

• 7 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

I have a multiple line of text column in Nintex form as below

200556_pastedImage_2.png

After I have created a word control in word and use Update Document component in Nintex worflow. the word will show the multiple line of text column with html tag like below

I would like to know is there any way to remove those html tag and display the content in word content as format in sharepoint multiple line of text format?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Dorothy,

How is your multi-line text field configured in SharePoint?  Have you tried changing the multi-line text field to plain text instead of rich text?

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +3

Hi Ben,

It is working now. Thanks a lot. But if I need to insert tables, picture could not work is due to word control is not support?

Regards,

Dorothy

Badge +8

Hi Dorothy Fan‌,

Only when a rich text type data is stored in a plain text type Multiple lines of text OR a Single line of text, you end up saving rich text data along with html syntax.

Correct me if I'm wrong, when you update the multiple line of text from the Nintex workflow you end up seeing the text with html tags?

Badge +3

Hi Chaitra,

Yes. It happened when I configured the multiple line of text with Enhanced rich text(Rich text with pictures, tables and hyperlinks). For my case, user may insert table or image in multiple line of text and I need to update those content in word document. Then, convert the word to prd format.

Regards,

Dorothy

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

last year this has been confirmed as a bug. not sure whether it has already been addressed.

see https://community.nintex.com/message/32862?commentID=32862#comment-32862 

Badge +3

Marian, thanks for your info.

Badge +8

Anyone from Nintex Support team can provide an update on this issue?

https://community.nintex.com/message/32862?commentID=32862#comment-32862 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Dorothy,

If the bug still exists, then you can achieve something similar (create tables, insert graphics, convert to PDF) with the Doc Gen action but this is an additional feature that you may not be licensed for.

Cheers,

Chris